Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Poetry

One of my recent assignments was to write a short free-verse (nonrhythmic) poem. I got to pick the topic. =)


I thought I'd share it with you, so here it is! :) I hope you like it as much as I do.





A poetry contest came up in our County and I decided to enter my poem. Much to my extreme surprise... I found out the next week that I had won! So exciting! =D





The contest required a minimum of eight lines, so I had to add two to my poem. I've italicized the added lines below.


BEST FRIEND
by: Emily Hendrix
  
Bright red hair, in the sun,
Reflecting the light inside her.
Her joyful spirit makes me glad,
when she laughs, I laugh too.

Lots of time making memories,
Chatting, laughing, having a blast.
Near or far, always there 
making me smile, is my best friend.









Blessings!!
~Emily








2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your thoughts.

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips