Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Yesterdays

One year ago, today, our dear friend, Bobbi, passed away. I miss her very much. She was a blessing to all who knew her and continues to be a blessing through the legacy she left. She was a very special friend to my mother. She was someone you could just be yourself around. She always had a smile and laughed often. :) Her confidence, joy and faith in Christ was what made her such a beautiful person. Her joy was simply contagious. I smile when I think of her and am happy to know she is in a better place. <3 Several months before she passed away, during her prolonged illness, mom and I would go to their house every Tuesday for tea and a snack while mom read aloud from the book, Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss. What special memories.

You may be wondering why I've titled this post "Yesterdays"... it's because I'm reminded of Bobbi every time I hear the song Yesterdays by Switchfoot. I've included the song in this post so you can listen to it while you read the rest of this post and look at the pictures.




Her husband, Mike, daughter, Jerusha and sons, Jeremiah and Jonathan remain very dear friends of ours.



Mike and Bobbi





One day after church it was raining lightly and Bobbi took her children 
outside to dance in the rain. <3

Bobbi and Jerusha


Bobbi and Jonathan


Bobbi and Jeremiah


Bobbi's motto:


Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.



Bobbi with her children


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




This photo only captures half of the funeral procession. Bobbi was loved. <3




We often go to their house and 'grill out.' :) We spent some time with them last evening. <3
Me, Jerusha and their dog, Banjo =)




We miss you Bobbi.

~Emily




2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've awarded you over at my blog...! ^_^ www.optimisticworldview.blogspot.com Stop by and pick it up when you can. ^_^

    This is so sweet, =) And sad. It's great to know people, but it's hard when they leave...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your thoughts.

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips