Thursday, October 6, 2011

Healing

Is there something special you often do when you're upset, confused or sad? Perhaps you read a favorite story to yourself or curl up on your bed and have a good cry. Maybe, you run around in the grass in your yard to loosen hard feelings. What is the one special thing that is healing to you?
    
    
For me, it's music.
     
    
    


I almost always sit down at our piano and play Fur Elise, one of my favorite classical pieces. Every once in a while I might compose a new song. I go straight to the piano when I'm extremely happy, or extremely sad. It helps me unwind when I'm overwhelmed or discouraged. I'm so thankful for the gift of music that God has given us! I've played the piano when I was grinning so big I could hardly hit the right notes, and I've played it through my own tears, sometimes banging on the bass notes of the song I was playing. I often pray while I'm playing the piano. It helps to take my thoughts and feelings to my Saviour, Jesus Christ. If I can't get to the piano, it helps me to sit on my bed (have a good cry,) and read the Bible and/or Spurgeon's Morning and Evening.
      
So what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your thoughts.

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips