Monday, October 10, 2011

Sacred Journey

This past Sunday we had a wonderful visitor at our church, Brother David Bandaru (ban-DARE-oo), indigenous missionary to Hyderabad India.
 
Our church has supported his ministry for over eighteen years. It was wonderful to finally meet him! I really enjoyed hearing about his ministry and getting to speak with him. It was a very nice treat and a big blessing.
 
The first picture below is of his Bible. Notice anything intriguing about it? On the left of each page is the scripture in the Telugu language. On the right of each page is the same scripture printed in English! It was very interesting indeed.
   
The second picture below is of our congregation (minus about eight people) with Bro. Bandaru.


You can see John 3.16 in English on the right, and in Talugu on the left!


Bro. Bandaru and I have a common interest...... cameras!!
He repairs film cameras as a hobby and hopes to learn more about digital soon! It was very fun to talk to him. :D


Left to right back row: Me, Dad, Glenn, Bro. Bandaru, Wil, Stephen C., Jan
Left to right middle row: Mom, Peggy, Madison, our pastor JD Graham, Karen, Johnny
Left to right front row: Lily, Stephen G., Caleb
very front: Aiden :)

4 comments:

  1. That's neat. It's always so interesting when you meet a missionary in perosn. The missionary our church supports visited a few moths ago and gave an incredible missions report. BTW, you should find out if you can make it to the C.H.E.F Christmas ball. -TTYL Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it really is!
    What is the C.H.E.F Christmas ball? And where exactly? It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The C.H.E.F Christmas ball is held in the ball room of a cathedral in down town St.Louis Missouri. Most of the dances fall in to the category of English country dancing. Each year they have a theme. This year it will be a Civil war ball next year I think it will be a Scotts/Irish ball. Last year well over a hounded people showed up so its a little crowded. I think you can find out more at www.chef-missouri.com/ I hope it works out for you -Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds amazing and really fun! ..seeing how we are almost four hours away from St. Louis, I don't believe we'll be there. :)
    Thank you for inviting me though. I wish it wasn't so far away, I'd love to come.
    ~Em

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate your thoughts.

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips